Assume that you are graduated and have just reported to work and an investment advisor at the brokerage firm of Balk and Kiefer Inc. One of the firms clients is Michelle DellaTorre, a professional player tennis player who just come to the United States from Chile. DellaTorre is a highly ranked tennis player who would like to start a company to produce and market appeal she designs. She also expects to invest substantial amounts of money through Balk and Kiefer. DellaTorre is very bright, and she would like to understand in general terms what happens to her money. Your boss has developed the following set of questions you must answer to explain the U.S. financial system to Dellatorre .
1. Why is corporate finance important to all managers?
2. Describe the organizational forms a company might have as it evolves from a start-up to a major corporation. List the advantages and disadvantages of each form.
3. How do corporations go public and continue to grow? What are agency problems? What is corporate governance?
4. What should be the primary objective of managers?
a. Do firms have any responsibilities to society at large?
b. Is stock price maximization good or bad for society?
c. Should firms behave ethically?
5. What three aspects of cash flows affect the value of any investment?
6. What are free cash flows?
7. What is the weighted average cost of capital?
8. How do free cash flows and weighted average cost of capital interact to determine a firm’s value?
9. Who are the providers (savers) and users (borrowers) of capital? How is capital transferred between savers and borrowers?
10. What do we call the price that a borrower must pay for debt capital? What is the price of equity capital? What are the four most fundamental factors that affect the cost of money, or the general level of interest rates, in the economy?
11. What are some economic conditions that (including international aspects) that affect the cost of money?
12. What are financial securities? Describe some financial instruments.
13. List some financial institutions.
14. What are some different types of markets
15. Along what two dimensions can we classify trading procedures.
16. What are the differences between market orders and limited orders?
17. Explain the differences among deal-broker networks, alternative trading systems, and registered stock exchanges
18. Briefly explain mirage securitization and how it contributed to the global economic crisis.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more